Have you run into a jam with your Google Business Profile, and need to know how to wiggle out of a suspension?
We all know how essential the GBP is for online business marketing, so it’s important to know how to get out of trouble, post-haste. Since Google has a new appeals process, we’ll show you how to know when you’ve been suspended, how to appeal, and improve your chances of avoiding these marketing calamities altogether.
Know When Your Customers Can’t See You
The first step is knowing if/when your customers can’t find your GBP because you’ve sustained a suspension. You should receive an email notification, stating that “Your business profile has been suspended.” There will also be a notification (indicating either a suspension or disabled status) in the GBP merchant panel. It will tell you that your business profile is not visible to customers.
What could earn you a suspension from Google?
There’s quite a lot, but here are some of the most common offenses:
- Business ineligibility (some online-only businesses, rental companies, and others cannot have a GBP)
- Deceptive posting
- Using a P.O. Box for a business address
- Unauthorized user revocation
- Inactive ownership
- Consistently unhelpful, harmful, or off-topic posting
What is the New Google Appeal Process?
The appeals process is perhaps less complicated, but you’ll want to follow these instructions carefully.
- Access the Appeals Tool on your GBP.
- Confirm Your Email.
- Select the Business (here you’ll see whether it’s “eligible for appeal” or “can’t be appealed”)
- You Have 60 MINUTES to APPEAL!
- This part is important, and you won’t have much time, so you’ll have to have your ducks in a row prior to submitting anything. You have only 60 minutes to prove you’re a legitimate business with proper documentation.
- Click on the Add Evidence button to submit the following . . .
- You’ll need → Official Business Registration, a Tax Certificate, a Business License, or a Utility Bill. Your chances of winning an appeal increase if you can secure more of these items, demonstrating that you run a legitimate, physical business, suitable for a GBP.
- Beware that although there is only an hour to do this, there is no visible timer to show you how much remains.
- Explain Why You Want Reinstatement – You’ll have 1,000 characters to submit a narrative response to the suspension.
- Submit Documentation
- Check for Status Updates – After a while, you’ll see whether your appeal has succeeded. In some situations, you can re-appeal, but this is not always possible.
- Always Do Everything Possible to Follow Google’s Guidelines (since you won’t want to deal with this repeatedly)
Why Not Avoid Suspensions in the First Place?
While there’s no guarantee you can avoid an inadvertent suspension (odd things can happen) you can limit their occurrence by arming yourself with professional support. That’s where we can help.
By partnering with DigiSphere Marketing, you can work with industry professionals who know the rules for dealing with Google, and won’t allow your business to slip into trouble. This includes everything from your Google Business Profile to effective advertising.
So, if you’d rather not risk the enormous headache of losing your business’s online presence, then consider the indispensable services of DigiSphere Marketing. Our team has experience covering every angle of web development, search engine optimization (SEO), email advertising, premium video advertising, and other advanced techniques. We can even get you started on your own podcast!
Contact us anytime to learn more by calling 941-803-4141.