It’s easy to see why you should have your business website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in place before (rather than after) the holiday season. Holiday shopping, even for service businesses, is a crucial time of the year, beginning with Black Friday and lasting throughout the end of the quarter.
Therefore, you should fully optimize your website in advance if you wish to enjoy the greatest volume of customer traffic.
Reasons You Shouldn’t Wait to Bolster Your SEO
- SEO is a long game. No website gets there overnight, including the big companies that invest tons of money into it.
- If you wait too long to optimize content, then it’ll feel like a mad dash to finish everything at the last second.
- Also, if your website has technical issues, you’ll also want to get ahead of that now rather than scrambling to patch all the digital holes in November.
Focus on These Three Components
- Quality Web Content – This is always the foundation of any successful SEO strategy. Even before delving into the technical aspects of URLs, linking, and other details, your first objective must involve making outstanding content, dedicated to convenient user experience. That means making everything run smoothly (on mobile and desktop), with readable written composition, beautiful pictures, while integrating everything into appropriate social media. You don’t want to be the business that slaps together a website chock full of 404s, broken images, confusing layouts, and other hindrances.
- Indexing Important Web Pages – What does it mean to “index” a page? It’s where you ask Google to consider it for its search engine (which comprises 70% of the world’s searches). Although this alone doesn’t guarantee a top position in the search results, it’s akin to “getting your name on the map.” It at least makes it possible to achieve SEO for specific pages. Since Google is a tad slow processing indexing requests, it behooves you to jump on this task early. It’s also imperative to plan carefully regarding any holiday pages since these are both temporary and important for attracting customers once the season arrives.
- Forecast Consumer Trends – Nothing would be worse than waiting until the last minute to find out what your customers need/want. It’s the epitome of allowing your business to become a “deer in the headlights.” The important thing to remember is that consumers really do use company websites to research and plan their holiday purchases (as much as 80%). This means you’ll need to know what they’re thinking in the summer or at least by the fall when folks are after hot deals. Even if your business doesn’t sell physical products, it’s smart to gain a grasp of what folks might be after before they splurge with Black Friday shopping.
Need SEO Help? Contact DigiSphere Marketing!
As we always say, don’t let any of this intimidate you because our folks can help you improve SEO much faster. We’re the ones to call if you don’t have the staff to handle this or any other digital marketing aspects.
The dedicated team at DigiSphere Marketing can’t wait to help you devise and implement proven strategies to get to the top of local search results. You can learn more about our approach and other services by calling our Sarasota location at 941-803-4141.