Case Study - Borla Exhaust
Borla Exhaust was looking to increase its general online visibility organically and improve its Google text paid search performance to increase the ROI on its spending. In addition, they were utilizing a proprietary CMS from their vendor for their custom web platform. The limitations of the proprietary CMS platform caused some challenges for the company in growing its business and managing its online property.
To achieve our goal of giving Borla Exhaust more control over its website, the decision was made to port the entire site exactly as it looked into the Magento platform. It took us over a year to customize Magento to meet the needs of the company. The requirements of the new Magento e-commerce site included enhancements such as:
- Better backend access to manage and control the entire website from top to bottom
- Customized inventory import scripts to pull inventory for proprietary Borla Exhaust data management API into Magento. Normalization of the data into Magento format was required for this phase of the project.
- Carrying over all styling nomenclature and making a pixel-perfect front-end transition from proprietary CMS to Magento platform.
- Implementation of selective direct sales per product
- A customized text search box that draws from multiple database tables and uses customized dynamic search results.
- Creation of more specific product categories and search pages, increasing the overall site size and landing page opportunities for better Organic and Paid quality results.
- Implementing modern search and tracking tools such as Elasti-Search, GTM, GA4, and many more.
- Implementing new site search architecture to take advantage of the many new category pages that the new site provided.
The rollout of the new site architecture allowed for great organic results because of the more specific, and abundant landing pages for each of the platforms, year, make, and model combinations, which was far superior to the year ranges that were being used prior to the new site. The more specific landing pages also allowed for the restricting of many paid search campaign strategies to send bottom-of-the-funnel traffic directly to pages related to their search, resulting in fewer clicks for customers to get to the desired landing page for their specific needs. This generates higher conversions and higher quality ads which lower the cost per click and drive even higher quality traffic to better pages without having to increase any budgets.
Analysis and Recommendations: with pros and cons of all recommended web platforms were done. We also strategized on the new site architecture and how to build a platform that the company can grow and scale better over time.
Improved Organic and Paid Strategies: With a new site with improved architecture we were able to structure better-performing organic and paid search campaigns which yielded better ROI on all efforts put forth.
Beyond Mobile: In addition to enhancing mobile speed and performance with the same front-end look and feel, the implementation of Schema on products and FAQ pages enhanced the organic results and exposure of the client in organic searches.
Tracking: The implementation of customized GA4 tracking allowed for a better understanding of direct sales and led to new ways to optimize beyond the original design for better conversion rates on direct sales of the site, and informed future business decisions of the company as a whole.
To increase revenue across all business channels utilizing digital presence best practices and enhancements as well as best-in-class organic and paid search strategies and campaign management to more effectively merchandise the brand was achieved.
Attribution of traffic sources and measurement of data from each channel allowed for further refinement of organic and paid strategies which led to better return on every marketing dollar spent.
DigiSPhere Marketing has combined marketing, design, and technical knowledge to help companies like Borla Exhaust see marketing and business success through hard work, clear communication, and comprehensive robust engagement of many disparate departments from the client side and from our agency’s side.